While I’m waiting for my editor to click “publish” on my latest release (DEUCE, the epic conclusion to The Vortex Series), I thought I would reflect back on the books that touched my heart and soul the most this year—the writing I admire, the stories I wish I had imagined and written myself. Now, these books didn’t necessarily come out in 2013, but were the ones I conquered from my ever-growing TBR Goodreads list. Here we go!
10) Legend by Marie Lu
9) Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
8) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
7) Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
6) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
5) Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
4) A Different Blue by Amy Harmon
3) Cinder by Marissa Meyer
2) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
And my number one favorite book this year:
1) Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout
Happy reading and here’s to another year of awesome YA books!
Janine Caldwell, YA Author
Author of Coming-of-age fantasy VISITED and The Vortex Series: REMATCH, DOUBLE FAULT, DEUCE