Janine Caldwell was raised in the small San Francisco Bay Area town no one’s ever heard of (Clayton). Four days after high school graduation, she catapulted into college life at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo and graduated with a degree in English.
Janine now lives in Anthem, Arizona with her husband and two sons. When she’s not melting from the desert sun or heading, yet again, to the grocery store, she’s playing tennis, practicing yoga, watching her sons play football and/or basketball, or reading. As a lifelong literature fanatic, she knew it was only a matter of time before she’d be consumed with writing her own work. With ancestors like the Brothers Grimm and Anita Loos (Gentlemen Prefer Blondes), she hopes fantasy writing is in her DNA.
Books published by Janine include Visited, a YA coming-of-age fantasy, and The Vortex Series: Rematch, Double Fault, and Deuce.
1. My current TV addictions are limited with our busy lifestyle. I still love me some “Fixer Upper” or “Love It Or List It, Too”, and I adore pretty much any period series Masterpiece Theater offers. “Sherlock” is nothing short of genius.
2. It may be a cliché for a female writer to admit this, but I consider chocolate to be a major food group.
3. When I’m not writing or completing my endless mom/wife/domestic to-do list, I channel my inner Dave Grohl on the drums, parked conveniently in my bedroom. However, my teenage son has now well surpassed my skills, which I suppose is the natural order of things. Still, I’d like to think that I, at least, had a hand in his drumming fetish.
4. Years ago I led a junior high Bible study where the girls introduced me to the Twilight series among other YA books, which I blame/credit to the start of my YA obsession.
5. I am a devoted Christian. You can even call me a Jesus freak if you want, I don’t mind. And, while I don’t categorize The Vortex Series (Rematch, Double Fault, Deuce) as religious, I did try to weave in a moral standard in the underlying themes.
6. K, don’t laugh, but I’m an end times Bible prophecy junkie. I think everyone can agree there is much turmoil in the world. Once you begin to follow Biblical prophecies in light of today’s headlines, I challenge you not to take it seriously. My favorite YouTube channels are Fellowship Bible Chapel, Calvary Melbourne Australia and JD Farag (links included).